The Programme for Active Learning (PAL) is a recommendation by the Primary Education Review and Implementation (PERI) Committee to provide greater emphasis on non-academic learning for Primary 1 and 2 pupils. In PAL, pupils are exposed to varied and fun learning experiences in the four domains: Sports and Games, Outdoor Education, Performing Arts and Visual Arts. Pupils also learn socio-emotional competencies such as respecting others and responsible decision making. PAL nurtures confidence, curiosity and cooperation skills in pupils.
In Pei Chun, our PAL modules are designed to provide opportunities for:
- experiential learning;
- fun, creative and meaningful learning through play;
- quality interaction among peers;
- fostering creativity, self-confidence, sense of achievement/ accomplishment;
- communication and teamwork;
- new experiences and self-discovery; and
- character development and social-emotional learning
Each PAL module is conducted for 1.5 hours per week with each module lasting 10 weeks.
- P1 PAL modules are:
- Outdoor Education
- Visual Arts
- P2 PAL modules are:
- Sports & Games